Messier 17 is a H II region located in Sagittarius. Similar to the Orion Nebula, but more massive and viewed edge on. The main part of the nebula spans some 15 light years and is home to some current 800 stars with many more thousands being born in outer layers. At around 1 million years old, it is forming a young open cluster of stars.
Wednesday, 19 August 2020 16:27
- Constellation: Sagittarius
- Right Ascension: 18h 20m 26s
- Declination: −16° 10′ 36″
- Distance (Lightyears): 5,000+
- Telescope: Explore Scientific 127 Refractor
- Camera: ZWO 1600MM Mono cmos