NGC 7023 is a refection nebula, blue light from central hot young star SAO 19158 reflects off the dust grains illuminating the nebula. The nebula spans some 6 light years across. Spent some 33 hours imaging this object over August and September 2019.
Tuesday, 01 October 2019 13:51
NGC 7023 Iris Nebula
- Constellation: Cepheus
- Right Ascension: 21h 01m 35.60s
- Declination: +68° 10′ 10.0"
- Distance (Lightyears): 1,300
- Astrobin Link: Iris Nebula NGC 7023
- Telescope: Explore Scientific 127 Refractor
- Camera: ZWO 1600MM Mono cmos