Sometimes called the Oyster Nebula, NGC 1501 is a planetary nebula located in Camelopardalis (The Giraffe). The central star shed its outer layers and those layers are now illuminated by the central star. The central star is also reported to be a pulsating variable star with an extremely short period of brightness changes.
Wednesday, 16 January 2019 15:29
- Constellation: Camelopardalis
- Right Ascension: 04h 06m 59.39s
- Declination: +60° 55′ 14.4″
- Distance (Lightyears): 4000-5000
- Telescope: Explore Scientific 127 Refractor
- Camera: Atik 314l+ Mono ccd